Analytics
5.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Website redesign - Wordpress to HTML - Broke tracker

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I sent up Google analytics on my webpage a few years ago when I initially started my site on WordPress. Since then I have recently removed Wordpress from the main site and have redesigned the site to rely mainly on plain HTML. There is a new implementation of WordPress in a subdirectory as a news blog only. Since I have uploaded the new HTML site, my analytics are not working (or atleast I see no activity in the real-time tab) and have no idea the what would have caused this disruption.

Any idea what could have caused my tracker to be broken? 

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Website redesign - Wordpress to HTML - Broke tracker

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Tyler,

I'd suggest checking your tracking tag using the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension. If your tag is broken this tool will let you know what's wrong. Please let me know what you find.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

When you created the static HTML version, did you include the tracking code?
If not, you'll have to insert the code manually (use search/replace)

Before you do that, you can check whether your pages contain the tracking code, using the Tag Assistant for Chrome or Hub'Scan 

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much Julien and Arnold. It's been so long, I've forgotten all this setup stuff with Analytics. I'm sure I can figure it out now. Thanks again.