AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Website has analytics but unsure what Google account was used to set it up. Unable to access

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. My company's website www.tmghawaii.com was setup prior to my arrival at the company. No one here knows who setup the analytics on the website or what Google account was used to do so. How do I find out what google account is linked to our website? Once I know that hopefully someone internally will have access or I can request access via Google. Thank you so much!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Website has analytics but unsure what Google account was used to set it up. Unable to access

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @TMC :-)

You could check via every google account to see if any have access to it.
Google wont give out account information for security and privacy reasons.
Failing that if there isnt already one existing, you may have to create a free Adwords account (to access the support options available) and try to recover the account, there is a comprehensive post by Niall in the following thread on how to go about doing this (its the one marked as best answer)
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Bronwyn V. So there is no way to find out what account is linked to our website? I understand Google not giving me access but a simple email address even partially hidden would provide at least some information I could go off of.