Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Website Traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a website with Go Daddy and I have inserted  my google tracking website ID on the section they provided. For few weeks like i have been getting a regular update on my website's traffic. However, for slightly morethan 24hours now, my website traffic is showing zero visitor, which can't be true as I got several people to look at it.

I have contacted Go Daddy but was told I need to contact you for answers. I am sure something isn't working properly. I will appreciate your effort in resolving this please. 

Could you also send me a number to call you if one exist please?

Kind regards

Alfred M

1 Expert replyverified_user

Website Traffic

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Alfred this is a community forum and not a direct message to the google team. Can you provide a link to your site?

Website Traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Matt! the link is www.devictors.com. Thanks for the correction. Much appreciated. I look forward to your response.

Re: Website Traffic

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Alfred I see that google analytics is on your site and sending data to UA-97663611-1

I went to 3 different pages of your site and all 3 sent page views to GA.

Is that the account your are veiwing in GA?

Screen Shot 2017-05-14 at 11.17.01 AM.png

Website Traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Matt,

This is indeed my account. What's GA if I may ask please? I have also checked my traffic again and it is still showing 0 visit. Seems weird.

Thanks for trying your best to help out Matt. Much appreciated. Look forward to your response. 

Website Traffic

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Alfred, sorry GA is Google Analytics. Which you can sign into here

Sign in and then on the left of the screen click 'real time'

Now open a new tab (depending on the set up may need to open it in a private window or from your cell phone, if you're blocking your own IP address etc)

Now look at the number of 'Right Now Active Users on Site' if that number is 1 or more that means the analytics data is being sent.

Website Traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Matt, I have followed your instructions and have looked at the right now active users and it is still showing 0. 

Website Traffic

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hmm. Thats strange as I see the page views being sent. You are positive that the account you are looking with in GA is UA-97663611-1? Triple check that. And you were on the website on your phone and in a new tab and then with them still opened looked at the Real Time tab? If that is the case than did you set up a filter? That is the only thing I could think of is that you are filtering out all your data by accident. 

Website Traffic

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
A couple of things to consider..

1) Normal data processing latency for the standard reports is 24-48hrs. 

2) Are there any filters applied the analytics View? If so, do you have a View with no filters applied to it? 
If you do not have a filter free View, please create one.

3) If you are testing your site on a mobile device, they usually batch hits to conserve phone battery power, so the Real Time reporting may not show the hits at the time they occur due to how they get sent by the mobile device.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Website Traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Matt,

I am definitely looking at  UA-97663611-1 and yes I have been on the website with my phone and new tab on my computer. I will however, have to check my filter; that may solve it. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.