Analytics
4.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Web property in analytics disappeared

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have about 9 web properties (websites) I was tracking stats for. All of sudden one property is missing and not showing up on the Accounts homepage. The script/code is still on the website. Anyone know how to get it back on the Accounts page?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Everett,

If you have accidentally deleted it, and if you are the original administrator, then you can go into the Trash Can (under Account) to undelete it. Make sure you put in measures to prevent this from happening next time, like instituting account governance. If it is missing for another reason, then perhaps you are using a different login, or your access was modified.

Hope this helps.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Re: Web property in analytics disappeared

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply. The Trash was the first place I looked before posting
the problem. I don't have but two accounts with Google but it does not show
under either.

Very strange and not good for the client (or me). Any other possibilities?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I meant to ask if Google could reinstate it somehow in my account if I provide the tracking code that is currently on the site? 

Any answer to the above?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi, Everett,

Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately, it's not possible (or more like it's extremely difficult) to get Google to restore your account/property/view if you have indeed deleted it. If you are indeed the admin, then check the History possibly see where it went and what happened to it - things don't get deleted by themselves, and also make sure you are using the correct Google account to log in. Unless you a 360 client, then as I said, you'll have a harder time getting it restored.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have this same issue. The profile suddenly disappeared the other day. It is not in my trash bin, and since the property is deleted I am unable to get into the admin section to see the account history.