Analytics
3.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Web developer/SEO analyst is requesting my username and password to access my google analytics.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

My new and recent hired Web developer/SEO analyst is requesting my Google analytics username and password info.

She is saying that without that info she 

won't  be able to integrate my analytics account with my webmaster account.

Should I give her that info?

If I do so, she can have access to my personal gmail email info?

I saw there is a way to add her Google ID as a new admin but I am not sure if she would have access to all the info she needs.

Thank you so much for your time.

Re: Web developer/SEO analyst is requesting my username and password to access my google analytics.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi silvia,
you can add her gmail account to GA to permit him/her to connect search console and see the data on GA.

another solution is create a single gmail account to share between users of your agency for all google tools, so everyone has access to everything. But you have to update the password everytime someone left the company, or you can use solution as passpack that centralize password management, so nobody has the password of the centralised account, but it's quite difficult to use.
FIl

Re: Web developer/SEO analyst is requesting my username and password to access my google analytics.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Silvia,
I wouldn't suggest you to give userid & password because it is associated with your personal gmail account.

You can invite him to give access on his/her google account id @ https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009702?hl=en

***most important never give Manage Users access. In your case 'Edit, collaborate, Read & Analyse' would be fine.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Silvia C Q
May 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

Never share your user name and password with anyone. They don't need them.

You can give them your email address and they can add you as an admin in Webmaster (which is now actually called Search Console, and if that vendor does not know this run Smiley Happy ).
They can follow these details to add you as an admin: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/2453966?hl=en

Later you can follow these details to link GA to SC: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/1120006?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you you so much!

Web developer/SEO analyst is requesting my username and password to access my google analytics.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No, do not give it.

Just ad them to your Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools account, so they can monitor the Website and do improvement and you can remove them later.

www.rajaseo.net