Analytics
1.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Viewing Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a website developer. I added Google Analytics to a site I build for a client and now the client wishes to view the Analytics data himself. Is there a way to grant VIEWING ACCESS ONLY to the client for the data related to his site?

Re: Viewing Google Analytics

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Roy,

Yes you can do that. It sounds like you want to give this person "Read and Analyze" permissions but with no editing privileges. To assign permissions, select the Admin tab, and click User Management in the ACCOUNT, PROPERTY, or VIEW column.

More information can be found here:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2884495

https://support.google.com/a/answer/1219251?hl=en

Some people also like to just have a PDF report sent as well. Let me know if you need further assistance. 

Best,

Shannon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need help and do not know how or where to get it......my company Hawkhaven Greenhouse Intl. joined Analytics to know what is going on in my new updated website: hawkhaven.com and am having great problems.  I do not even know my ID number.

I can not get to it at all...this is what I get:  

Internal error. Please try again later.
Analytics has encountered an unexpected condition and cannot fulfill your request.
Close

Can you help correct this or am I lost in the Google cloud?  Capt. Tim

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hello Capt. Tim,

Thanks for your question.

There is a link I am putting in that sounds similar to your issue with solutions. It would appear turning off your adblock and/or cleaning out your cache and cookies might fix the issue per what Bronwyn said:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Account-Access-Management/Error-Message-quot-Internal-erro...

If that doesn't fix it feel free to come back and I will try to assist you.

Best,

Shannon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Golly I cleaned the cache and cookies, don't have AdBlock.....though I do not know how or why on my address bar tells me 'pop-ups were blocked on this page'.....only Ublock in PC Matic is there, but I did all and still no Analytics page.......same internal error page.
So nothing was solved......help....Tim Capt. Tim Paegelow - Organic GrowerHawkhaven Greenhouse Int'l. - LLCWheat Grass Juice - For Daily Use!Since 1984 - Simply the Bestwww.hawkhaven.com

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi Captain Tim,

Thanks for the follow up.

So, this part of your reply: "though I do not know how or why on my address bar tells me 'pop-ups were blocked on this page".

If it's like my computer you need to click over there and allow the Google Analytics pop up.

Another option is to use another browser. Google Analytics works well with Chrome but you could certainly try Firefox or Explorer to see if those allow Google Analytics to show. If you are using Chrome you could open a tab with the Incognito  Window (click "File" to see it) as this tends to disable any extensions you have running that might be interfering. 

It's possible that you have a lot of safeguards on your computer but let's stick with these basic potential solutions first.

If these don't work I will try to keep helping you.

Best,

Shannon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well dig this.....I went to IE and used a new email on gmail and opened a new GA account there.
Will paste the tracking code on each page and see what happens......
So I will merely remove any usage in Chrome then....whatever it may be.
I will keep in touch and keep you informed......we shall see..............Thanks again, Tim Capt. Tim Paegelow - Organic GrowerHawkhaven Greenhouse Int'l. - LLCWheat Grass Juice - For Daily Use!Since 1984 - Simply the Bestwww.hawkhaven.com

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
Hi Capt. Tim,

Glad to hear you are making progress and thanks for keeping me informed.

Please be aware that a new GA account means you lose any information you had on the old one most likely. If you wish to recover that information let me know and I will do my best to assist.

Best,

Shannon

GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There is no other info....to lose....I never got in except the creation in Chrome and all that was whacko.
I have sent the GA Tracking ID to the new creator and Domain host.
Fire-Pixel.com in Green Bay..Tony will add the proper script to track all that is happening.....the new site has been up only since June 6....
Once he gets things set up.....we shall see how this works......thanks again my friend.............Tim Capt. Tim Paegelow - Organic GrowerHawkhaven Greenhouse Int'l. - LLCWheat Grass Juice - For Daily Use!Since 1984 - Simply the Bestwww.hawkhaven.com

Re: GA

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager
Hi Capt Tim,

Okay. Good to know and my pleasure in helping.

Best,

Shannon