Analytics
2.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

View data from another account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

About a year ago I started my own business (Bo Social Media) and I immediately implemented Google Analytics on my website. Now I'm a year further and I'd like to do a rebranding, so I've made a new website (Bo Online Marketing) and made a new account for this in Google Analytics. Now I'd like to be able to view the Analytics data from the Bo Social Media website in the Online Marketing one. Is it possible to view data from another accounts without having to use a new tracking code?

I hope my question makes sense and that someone is able to help me.

Thanks in advance!

Milou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bo Social Media
August 2016

Re: View data from another account

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

The only way is to add the old tracking code to the new website. Unfortunately, you can't import data from the old account to the new one. You can compare the results in excel but it's also not that easy if you have a lot of data.

Hope this helps.
Taavi

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bo Social Media
August 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

The only way is to add the old tracking code to the new website. Unfortunately, you can't import data from the old account to the new one. You can compare the results in excel but it's also not that easy if you have a lot of data.

Hope this helps.
Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Taavi,

Thanks for the quick response.
The problem is that I'd like to have both websites live at this moment. Maybe in a few months I'll discontinue the first one.
So if I'd like to view the (historic) data from the first website in the account of the second, how can I do that? I already tried to give the second account all the rights, but that doesn't seem to work, as it changed the tracking code. Could you please help me out again?

Thanks so much!

Milou

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, never mind. I looked at the wrong account...
Thanks for your help!

Milou