Analytics
4.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

View Settings - Default Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set up 3 views in my property, mater, test, and unfiltered.  However these views are not getting any data, why?

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Default page is an optional setting and shouldn't effect whether the tracking works .. or not.
its to ensure the home page doesnt track as say two seperate pages / and index.html for example

How long ago did you create the Property and Views?
Often data will start appearing in the standard reports within a couple of hours, keep in mind though there can be up to a 48hr processing latency and also the date range at the upper right of the report interface defaults  to yesterday so unless you change it to also include today then you wont be including it to see it.

If you browse the site in the unfiltered View are you able to see your own activity on the website being tracked in the Real Time reports? If so, then give the system time to calibrate everything and check back on it a bit later.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: View Settings - Default Page

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The views are about 4 or 5 days old and they still are not receiving data.
i cannot see my own activity either

--
Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
whats the website url, it will allow one of us to take a look for errors.

also it might be an idea to edit your post to remove the self promotional stuff from the bottom of it.
it goes against community guidelines.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here