Analytics
2.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Vendor has UA-ID associated with Google Analytics for our domain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just started managing Analytics and Adwords for the company where I work. Our access to Google Analytics and Adwords for our domain is tied to a vendor we no longer work with. I asked them to transfer everything to us. They say they can't do that, that I will have to set a new UA ID. This raises lots of questions for me. Can they rightfully claim control here when they don't own the domain? If we have to move to a new UA ID, will we be able to maintain continuity on our Analytics data and our Adwords accounts?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Let me add that they are not going to give up the UA-ID because they have used the *same one* for all the domains they manage. This seems not exactly kosher to me.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

This is a user to user public forum.

Asking if they can rightfully claim control coz they dont own the domain is not something anyone here would likely be able to answer for you.

Ownership of data is not necessarily tied to a domain. There may be legitimate reasons why they are not able to transfer ownership of the accounts to the company you work for.

I'm assuming there would have also been some sort of contract in place since they were a vendor.

You could try an account recovery for the analytics account, which may or may not get you access or ownership of the analytics account.

More info on account recoveries here:
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/How-to-gain-access-to-your-...

You may also want to contact adwords support regarding your question about the adwords account.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here