Analytics
2.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Valid tracking code not found

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I  keep getting my website is missing valid tracking code.  The UA number has not changed and is valid.   I do not control the code for this site.  Agency Logic provides the template and all I have to do is plug in my real estate listing.  It had worked fine for a number of years and then suddenly this error message appeared.  Not sure how to fix it.  Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Valid tracking code not found

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Valerie,

My hunch is that there is no Analytics tag on the site. 

There are a few details missing here for a complete suggestion but I'll give it a shot. First, you may find the Google Tag Assistant Chrome plugin helpful in tag diagnosis. At least you can find out if there is actually any Analytics tags present on the site, to start with.

Now, if this is a site that is technically not yours and there are no settings or plugins for you to input your Analytics ID and no way for you to edit the code - it seems that there would be no way for data to be sent to Google. I would followup with your site provider and see what they offer for Analytics coverage. There may be a solution that you're just not aware of at this time.

Hope this helps!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I ran google tag assistant. and got 3 suggestions 1. update to async version, 2. code found outside of <head> tag and 3. deprecated method used: '_getTracker"

I did notify Agency Logic and they are perplexed as well. As others have no issue and mine just popped up 2 weeks ago.

Thoughts??

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Valerie,

All of your error codes and the explanations can be found here:  https://support.google.com/tagassistant/answer/3059154

They all basically point to the same thing.  You're likely using a very old tracking snippet and it could be placed incorrectly as well, maybe.

If there is nothing fancy going on and you just want standard Analytics tracking, you just need to grab the updated snippet from your Analytics account and replace the old snippet with the new one on the site.  

Here's a great walkthrough with proper installation instructions - https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1008080

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’