AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Using VPN, Trouble With Google Analytics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there! I'm having trouble with my Google Analytics and have been since I came to China. I'm using a VPN to access Google Analytics. On my home page, it shows my number of sessions, avg session duration, and bounce rate, but if I try to click anywhere else to get more detailed information, I get this error message: "Internal error. Please try again later."

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

I have tried accessing Google Analytics from different Wi-Fi networks, different VPNs, and on different days, but nothing changes.

Any advice or insight is greatly appreciated - thank you!!

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. This was done in order to remove a screenshot that included private information such as an email address, an account ID, or similar. 
Please feel free to re-post the screenshot after having removed or entirely obscured any and all information that has the potential to put your accounts and/or your privacy at risk.

Re: Using VPN, Trouble With Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I know its cliché but have you tried using a different browser..?

Also try accessing the analytics through your phone or a different computer and see if the 'internal error' persists. Google Analytics are available on App Store and show the same statistics and details..

Good Luck

Re: Using VPN, Trouble With Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I will try both of those suggestions. I was using Chrome however. :/
When I disconnect the VPN it works just fine, so.... I will try your
suggestions nonetheless. Thank you.

-Ace