Analytics
2.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

User removed from access at account level (deleted) still appears at view level

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys,

I have removed (deleted) a user at the account level but his account is still appearing at view level with 3 sets of permissions, including edit permissions.

I am a little concerned that this means he still has access to the view and could potentially make changes.

Anyone got any experience with this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Usually deleting them at the account level would also remove them from any Views/Properties they may have been assigned permissions at, at those lower levels.

I would log out and clear your browser cookies and cache, then log in and see if they are still appearing in the console as a user. If so, then for whatever reason you may have to make sure to delete them at the Property and/or View level too

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Bronwyn,

Not sure how you found this as I deleted it! It turned out it was simply a case of me assuming we had 10 users when in fact we had more so it was pushing accounts onto the next "page" 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

How strange, it was showing up in the post feed.
Anyhow.. good to hear you got it all sorted out :-))

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Apparently I am not good at deleting things! thanks anyway