Analytics
5.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

User management: only user has no right to add new users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have this strange thing going on: my website is registered in Google Analytics, I am the only user in User Management, but I have no rights to add new users.
The only thing I can think of is that long ago (2y?) there was another user (admin) who created the account for me, added me as a user (no admin), removed himself and now I am left but without full rights.

Is there a chance to look up the site's history in Google Analytics incl. management? Is there any possibility to get more rights for me? What happens if I remove myself, will the website's account be destroyed and can it be registered again then?

I'm really stuck and appreciate any help. Thanks a lot!

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

First you can try to reclaim your GA account as suggested by AT. Second there is a way in which you won't loose past data and you will also have User Management level access.

Create new GA account by using different email id, replace old tracking code with new one. You can access historical data by old id and you can access new data from new id with user management level access

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Re: User management: only user has no right to add new users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your help.
I tried to register for Adwords in order to gain access to the Analytics
account (which I already have, but expecting to get more rights in the
user account). I think it's confusing, needing to sign up for Adwords
(which I don't want) but even worse: it seems that I cannot avoid to
fill in my personal data including billling details.
From a UX point of view, that s*cks.
Is there another way to solve the Analytics account problems?
Thanks again for your help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your suggestion to create a new GA account. This might be a last solution if I really don't manage to get full rights in the original account. To me it's preferable to have all history under one account. Thanks again!