Analytics
1.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

User Limit Reached - Google Analytics Accounts

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

This question stems from the a service account from the API, but is hitting the same limit as using the UI.

When trying to add an email address to an Analytics account, I get an error message.

"Unable to add user to account. The user has reached their maximum number of Analytics accounts." - (http://prntscr.com/9l2sc6)

Does anyone know  how to get this limit increased? I've emailed the Analytics API support team with no response yet.

Also the email address that I'm trying to use is from a Google API Project (service account), which to me seems like there shouldn't be a limit on those accounts since the entire point of it is to be able to manage accounts through the API.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: User Limit Reached - Google Analytics Accounts

J B
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
J B
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Google has to be the biggest crap on the planet. I signed up for analytics put in some websites and there is nothing about where to sign in to start working on my accounts. I login to a page that reads " Control, protect, and secure your account, all in one place" and 3 areas of information that does not show me my account. I really hate google after they stole my adsense money and now show again there total disregard for people that sign up for their crap.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
J B,

Your problem is not related to the original issue.

Once you are logged in, you just need to go to http://www.google.com/analytics/ to be able to add/manage your sites.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeremy G
January 2016

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
After being on chat for about an hour with support and a couple emails to the Analytics Support team I've gotten a few answers.

Initial limit when first signing up is 100 Google Analytics accounts per single Google Account. Once you hit the 100 limit you can get on chat with support or call by going here (https://support.google.com/analytics/?hl=en#topic=3544906) and clicking the "Contact Us" link on the top right of the page to get the limit increased to 200.

I was informed that once you get to 200 accounts you can request another limit increase to either 500 or 1,000 accounts.

1,000 Google Analytics accounts per Google Account is the absolute max per chat support agent.

To answer the original issue about using a service account email, it's not the recommended way to access thousands of accounts. Using OAuth 2 is the recommended way and getting users to give your app permissions.

Hope this helps! Took me awhile to get through all the channels to get these answers.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey... I've got this problem but for a regular (i.e. not API) user account.

The link you reference doesn't give me any sort of 'Contact Us' option; wondered if that might be something only available to developer accounts, or if they've just removed it for everyone now?
Do you still see it?

Thanks
Dan

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Daniel,

The link is in the top right corner (http://prntscr.com/adql39). Looks like you have to be logged in to a Google account to see the Contact link.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the screenshot- I've now twigged the (somewhat basic) reasons why I wasn't seeing it; the multiple Google accounts I use (a mix of 'real' Gmail + Google for Work accounts on our company domain) mean that I'm often logged in as multiple users.

Whilst that included accounts which are analytics users, the main one I was logged in under (i.e. the first one I signed in with) was not; I only get the contact option if I specifically switch to one of the analytics users.
Which makes sense now I know, but wasn't obvious previously...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am now having a problem adding a user to google analytics account. However we currently have 83 accounts so have not reached the maximum just yet (100). If you try to add an account we get an error saying hat the account already exists - but it does not. - we are getting this error for a number of accounts we are trying to add.. so it does not have anything to do with the person's account. Does anyone know how we can resolve this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This solution no longer works. How can I request this increase now?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I will reach 100 accounts soon, would there be any way to expand this number apart from creating a new Google account? I didn't find any way to contact support to request this.