Analytics
4.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Upgraded to Windows 10 and now I can't scroll on any Google Analytics screen?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now whenever I use Google Analytics (on both Chrome and Firefox), I am unable to scroll to the bottom of any page.  It takes several refreshes of the page or using the arrow keys to reach the bottom of the screen.

Google Analytics is the only thing (so far!) that this issue is happening with - Adwords, Merchant Centre and Search Console are all fine.

Is this a Windows 10 issue or a Google Analytics one?

like most of you, I use GA all day everyday and it is driving me insane....any feedback welcomed.

*****UPDATE******

18 May 2016 - This issue appears to have resolved itself in the past 24hrs....fingers crossed it stays this way!

Thanks everyone!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Upgraded to Windows 10 and now I can't scroll on any Google Analytics screen?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Claire, I don think it has to do with the OS , maybe an extension or cache on your browser, try clearing the cache or using the browser in incognito mode.

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

Re: Upgraded to Windows 10 and now I can't scroll on any Google Analytics screen?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I'm having the same issue too! But I'm on Chrome on a Mac. No recent changes. I even updated Chrome and that didn't fix the issue.

SUPER ANNOYING!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Agreed!
I'm on a PC (Dell) and have tried all the usual log-in/out, re-set settings on both Chrome and Firefox.......tempted to revert back to old OS but can't face the trauma.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks but I've cleared the cache (no joy) reluctant to use incognito mode constantly as the number of accounts I'm in and out of throughout the day, it makes it impractical to login and out constantly......a trade off between this and the ability to scroll in GA will have to be made :0(
Thanks anyway

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Claire,

Can you clarify if you tried scrolling using the scrollbar on page, or by the mouse?
Can you also clarify if using cognito mode fixes the issue?
Try adjust the size of the browser via "ctrl" and "+/-"; if you can see the bottom of the screen, then the page did load appropriately.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
In my case, using GA on Chrome on a Mac (running OS 10.9.5), I can't scroll using any method. There is no scrollbar loading while in GA. My other tabs in the browser on other sites all have vertical scrollbars. I've tried incognito, disabling all my plugins, restarting the computer. Nothing works.

Loads fine in Safari, but I hate Safari.

Zooming in/out on the screen, I can see that the whole page loads, it's just missing a scrollbar.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Leah P, 

It might be worth it to double check the "General Setting" under "System Preferences" has scroll bars enabled at all times. 

scrollbar.png

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks. Set and still no scrollbar in GA on Chrome.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No scrollbar visible/usable using either mouse, scroll bar or arrow keys......bottom of the screen is visible when the screen size is reduced - just no scroll bar.
Incognito doesn't fix the issue (on both Chrome & Firefox)