Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Under new ownership

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, previous owner had an account and didn't leave me log in information and she probably won't give it to me. I have requested a postcard to be mailed since business is at same location but have never received it. Is there a way for me to update the information on account or is there a way to remove existing account so I can create a new one? Thanks for your help. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Under new ownership

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

If your question relates to google analytics, previous owner doesnt need to give you log in information to access the existing analytics account. She can add you as a user and assign permissions to allow you varying degrees of access at varying levels. 

You can create and analytics account, using your google account credentials, you can then change the tracking code on the website to your new tracking code and start tracking the website going forward in your own reports.

For help with not receiving your postcard and updating the business listings account details etc.. then you'd do best to ask in the Google My Business Community

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here