Analytics
4.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Unable to make changes to view settings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We inherited a website but are unable to make changes to the view settings and other areas as well. Does that mean there is a Master account that has access to it but it's on different login credentials?

Thank you.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

hi,

I would expect that you are given limited rights to an account (such as "Read and Analyze"). Go to "Account" > "User management" . If all you can do is to remove yourselft from a particular account / view then probably that's the answer (limited rights).

Hope it helps.

Seb

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, Sebastian, but what do I do to get full rights? Am I given limited rights to the account by a different user (with different email address)? And if so, how do I find out what email address the Master Admin has?

P.S. And by the way, yes I can only remove myself. Cannot add user.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

1) You can ask person who gave you rights to amend it 

2) You can write email to Google Support and then you will be asked that you are the owner of the website (by uploading file to a server for example). To do that go to support.google.com/analytics -> Top right corner and click "Contact us" -> "Access issues" -> "Admin left the company"

Good luck!

Seb

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sebastian,

I don't see the access issues in the top right corner but I managed to get to an email address for GA360. I sent them an email and hoping to hear back from them positively.

Thanks for your help.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

It should be "Contact us" and when you click it one of the options is "access issues" and then "Admin left company"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sebastian,

The contact us only gives me a phone option. But don't worry about it, someone from Google just replied to my email and will be helping me with it. Thanks again for your help.