Analytics
4.6K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Unable to attain edit permission at account level and create new filter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, 

If the web team that set up google analytics for me have given as much permission control as Google will allow, but I still do not have access at the account level, is there anything I can do?

I'm trying to add a filter to exclude internal ip adresses in google analytics but there is no New Filter option available. I know that edit permission is required at the account level to create filters. 

Is there possibly some setting that hasn't been activated, or can only the account holder that set things up initially have permission at the account level?

Many thanks in advance!

Sasha

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Sasha F,

You'll need 'Edit', 'Collaborate' &'Read & analyze' access (Getting edit access, will give you all 3 access) to create filters at account level.

Kindly check again, if the same has been granted because the create filter option at account level will be available as soon as you have the Edit access.

Thanks,
Ritwik

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ritwik, 

Thanks for responding and offering a solution. Yes, under the Account level I can see that it says I don't have enough access permissions to view this section. I believe a previous employee who is no longer available initially set up the GA. Do you know if there is any way to reclaim these permissions, or would I have to start tracking my site with a new GA account? I would preferably like to keep the data for comparison, but at the moment without filtering internal IP addresses it is not much use to me.

Many thanks, 

Sasha

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Sasha F,

You can use the same account as you will have your valuable data in place. Kindly check if someone has the email and pass for admin access to your GA account or else you can check here for the steps to claim your account:
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/How-to-gain-access-to-your-...

Thanks,
Ritwik

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Brilliant, thanks Ritwik, reclaiming the account is what I'll do then.