Analytics
4.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Unable to Access Analytics After Adding Domain to Gmail for Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created a Google Analytics account using an email address from a domain that I own as the login and I was able to access GA successfully.

Later, I migrated the domain for this email login to Gmail for Business. Now that the domain is setup for Gmail for Business, I cannot login to GA.

I initially had the email used has my GA login setup as an alias for another email account created in Gmail for Business and would get the error 'Sorry, Google doesn't recognize that email.' when I tried to login to GA with it. I then tried creating an account Gmail for Business for the email, which allowed me to login to GA, but it was a fresh account and did not show the sites I previously setup.

How do I regain access to my GA account?

Re: Unable to Access Analytics After Adding Domain to Gmail for Busine

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nick,

This issue will need to be solved by Google themselves. If you are a Google Partner I suggest you give them a call or if you use Google Adwords you can call their support and then transfer to Analytics. https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1385067?hl=en

They have a recovery option where they ask for your tracking ID (UA-xxxxxxxx-xx). They cannot tell you the owners or personal details of the account owner but they can send an email to ALL the admin owners of the account to start the recovery process. Once they have verified you are the owner they can then help you to access the data via a new email or existing Google account.