Analytics
1.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

UTM Strings Filtering Into (Other)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently started utilizing UTM strings to track my social campaigns on my website. However, they track into (Other) rather than social, even though the Source is Facebook or facebook.com

Is there any way to get the UTM stringed traffic to filter into social? Is this possible? I'd like to look at social holistically so I can see total bounce rate, time on page, etc. rather than having to try and figure it out from two different columns. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Claire V
May 2016

Re: UTM Strings Filtering Into (Other)

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Claire,

As long as you have campaigned tagged the social media links correctly you should be able to see all your social media traffic under Acquisition > Social > Network Referrers. Google Analytics has an auto social list that appends campaigns when the source is from a social media site.

As for your reporting you can create segments where you can segment based on traffic that came in through Social. A good way is by setting medium = social. Once that is done you can do all your analysis with that segment.

Hopefully this helps,
Omar

Re: UTM Strings Filtering Into (Other)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes this worked perfectly! I most didn't want to have an (Other) in the channels report since I send those to clients. This was great, thank you!