Analytics
5.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

URL issue in reports dashboard

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello guys,

Recently gained access to Google Analytics account and noticed something really strange for me. The domain name is shown in the dashboard, in the beginning of the url where usually only page urls are shown without domain name.

analyticsurls.jpg

The urls from report are incorrect, the domain name is added twice when i try to use direct links from analytics dashboard.

analyticsurls2.jpg

How can I fix that issue?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dimitar P
June

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

1) Check if there are any filters applied to the View that are possibly prepending the hostname to the request uris.

2) Check in both the Property Settings and View Setting page that the website url is entered correctly

3) Check if there is anything entered into the optional Default Page field in the View Settings page (its immediately after the timezone/location setting). If there is, then remove it, not all sites need a Default Page entered (eg sites using WordPress usually do not)

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dimitar P
June

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

1) Check if there are any filters applied to the View that are possibly prepending the hostname to the request uris.

2) Check in both the Property Settings and View Setting page that the website url is entered correctly

3) Check if there is anything entered into the optional Default Page field in the View Settings page (its immediately after the timezone/location setting). If there is, then remove it, not all sites need a Default Page entered (eg sites using WordPress usually do not)

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There was a filter applied. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1012243?hl=en

Thanks for the help. Smiley Happy