AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

URL Builder not generating a new campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

Trying to use the URL Builder to track a specific campaign's (StumbleUpon) success and various other data.

Very inexperienced with google analytics but from the many videos and tutorials I've looked though I understand that once I generate a tagged URL with the Builder it should generate a Campaign in my Analytics account. But this is not happening...

I've made sure I'm logged into the right Google account. Have clicked the link. E-mailed and clicked the link and never does a new Campaign pop up in analytics. Getting infuriated because according to all the help pages this should magically happened and nobody seems to be having this problem! Could it be it takes a day to refresh my colleague suggests? I... have... no... idea...

I'm sure I'm just being a moron but if you wouldn't mind tossing this Moron a life preserver it'd be greatly appreciated!

So in a nutshell I use the URL builder and nothing happened in my analytics account connected to the website I'm linking to : (

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Caldwell A
February 2016

Re: URL Builder not generating a new campaign

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
URL created in URL builder should be used in your campaign emails, banner ads.

When users click that url which has campaign parameters appended in it, it will get tracked under campaigns.

You can see it in real time reports or wait for min.4hrs for GA to process the data and see the campaign reports under Acquisition

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Caldwell A
February 2016

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
URL created in URL builder should be used in your campaign emails, banner ads.

When users click that url which has campaign parameters appended in it, it will get tracked under campaigns.

You can see it in real time reports or wait for min.4hrs for GA to process the data and see the campaign reports under Acquisition

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Go to Acquisition > Campaigns > All Campaigns report, set date range for today (or other date when you clicked tagged urls) and check if there are any campaigns.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You were correct; it was all a matter of time. Very unexplainably not appearing but they all arrived in Campaigns sometime over the weekend.

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Happy to Help !
:-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am having the same issue with my tracking URL, however, when I enter the URL into a browser the tracking code on the end disappears and the original page is loaded. I am unable to find any campaigns in my analytics.

I am able to see this in my real-time reports, but it is reading as a direct source with no reference to the campaign.

Tracking URL: http://www.watermarkhotelgoldcoast.com.au/eat-and-drink/clifford-s-grill-lounge-site?utm_source=GC%2...
Destination: http://www.watermarkhotelgoldcoast.com.au/eat-and-drink/clifford-s-grill-lounge-site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

URL Builder not generating a new campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any resolution to this?  I'm having the same thing happen and it's getting very frustrating!