Analytics
1.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

UA Code without an Owner (Gsuite)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We had some people leaving the company, some changes.

Now we have a UA Tracking Code, but there is no owner, and the client is about to kill us if we don't find this data.

Can someone help us in the right direction to retrieving this data?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

UA Code without an Owner (Gsuite)

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Miguel, 

Was it a company email? If so, you should be able to retrieve your data by re-asserting control over the email address. 

If not, please following the following steps: 

If you are the owner of the Analytics account or one of the administrators who manages the Analytics account, you need to prove ownership of the sites and/or apps that are sending data to Analytics.

If there are AdWords and/or AdSense accounts linked to the Analytics account, you also need to prove ownership of those accounts.

Once you have proven ownership of the sites and/or apps, then fill out and submit the form

Prove ownership of the sites and/or apps

Prove site ownership

1. Create an analytics.txt file with the following information:

GooGhywoiu9839t543j0s7543uw1 - pls add {INSERT EMAIL ADDRESS} to GA account {INSERT UA-ID} with ‘Manage Users and Edit’ permissions - date {INSERT DATE}.
  2. Add the analytics.txt file to the top-level domain, e.g., example.com/analytics.txt

If the URL of the site that is sending data to Analytics is a subdomain, then you can upload analytics.txt to either the subdomain or the top-level domain, for example:

sales.example.com/analytics.txt or example.com/analytics.txt
  3. If there are AdWords and/or AdSense accounts linked to the Analytics account, you need to prove ownership of those accounts, as well.
  4. Contact us.

* If you cannot prove ownership of all the sites identified by Default URLs in the Analytics account, then we cannot grant access.

Source: https://support.google.com/analytics/troubleshooter/7264014?hl=en&ref_topic=1009691#ts=7271146 

Let me know if this solves your problem! 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’