Analytics
4.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

U Code mismatch

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I recently installed google analytics. I was just checking my site using the tags to make sure they are tracking. I'm seeing two different UA numbers. The number from the tag is different than the one listed under my account. Any suggestions on how this could have happened? I designed my website using a third party system (Wix). Any help would be appreciated.

I was wondering if I needed to change my UA number to the number that was listed under the tags. Is that even possible?

Thanks

B. Dunbar

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brett D
May 2016

Re: U Code mismatch

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
You shouldn't have any issues with it :-))
(keep in mind too, their own support docs do also state
it may take up to a week to start seeing GA data in your
GA reports)

Thanks
Bronwyn :-)
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Brett :-)
If memory serves me correctly, Wix adds its own GA tracking to user created websites.
So the other number that does not belong to you is most likely for their own tracking id,
and requires no action on your part in relation to it.

Thanks
Bronwyn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for responding. I just saw this message.

The recording contains hits sent to this property, but you (savingsbythebundles@gmail.com) don't have permissions in Google Analytics for its views. You won't be able to see view-specific information.

This was listed under the UA that my tag picked up. Its different then the one listed under my account.

How can I view this data?

Also in regards to your response, that won't cause any conflict with the data I'm receiving? It told me that my UA numbers where mismatched.

Thanks for any insight.

Brett

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
If it's WIX's tracking then there is no way to view it. It's not for customer usage, it is for their own business purposes.
That is why you need to set up your own tracking to track your site.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much.
Last question..
I do have analytics on my Wix site that I use to track my visitors.
Is it safe to assume that these two will operate simultaneously without conflicting with each other.

Thanks a million...

Have a great day
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brett D
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
You shouldn't have any issues with it :-))
(keep in mind too, their own support docs do also state
it may take up to a week to start seeing GA data in your
GA reports)

Thanks
Bronwyn :-)