Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

U Code mismatch

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, apologies if this is a stupid question but I'm new to Google Analytics. 

I'm trying to view analytics on a website I manage but there's a mismatch on the UA codes with what I can see in GA and what's in the code on the website. I'm not sure how this can be…? Maybe I'm logged in wrong and don't have access to the right code? 

However, we built this new website for our client a few months back, copied the UA code from the old website and it seemed to track ok. Until Feb when there's no data. I know the site's been getting traffic but the code doesn't match what's on the site...

Can anyone help me work out what's going on?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: U Code mismatch

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Gemma :-)
Sounds like you may be logged in incorrectly.

You have mentioned that you copied the tracking code from the old site to the new one that was built and it seemed to track ok.
Am I right to think you did have access to the correct analytics account and property (UA#) at that point in time?
You could ask their GA Account Admin to re-add you with your current google account email address
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here