Analytics
3.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Two tracking ID's for one website

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have somehow managed to create two tracking ID's for my website.  I have had Analytics set up on my site for about 1 year, but when I logged in recently it was as if Analytics didn't recognize that I had a valid account and walked me through the steps to set up a new account.  I have my original tracking ID, I just don't know how to regain access to it. Can someone direct me on what steps I need to take?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Amie,

Are you 100% sure that you used exactly the same Google account that you have used previously (if you've logged in)? Smiley Happy

Please double-check this.

If you've used the same email before as well, please get in touch with the official support. I am sure they can help you out.

Hope this helps.

Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You are right, it was a different email address.  Is there a way for me to merge the two?  I have reauthenticated with the original tracking ID, but there is a two week period where I was on the 2nd tracking ID so the data is missing from the first.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Amie,

Unfortunately, you cannot move historical data from one property to another but you can move both properties to one account if it helps.

Cheers,

Taavi