Analytics
4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Two Accounts - One Limited Options

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there - I'm helping my cousin set up referral tracking exclusions on his shopify site. What a nightmare. So I login to his Google Account and under one Account name, I see his three sites. When I go to the Admin, all the options under "Property" are not there. 

I noticed there was a second Administration account and when I switch over to that one, all the info is there "Property Settings, User Management, Tracking Info" etc 

Shopify is using the first account which is where all the data is. Why can't I edit the tracking info?

Re: Two Accounts - One Limited Options

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey @Kristibug

Seems like permission issue,

the first account might only have view access on that specific account / property,

Check if you can view user management under account to check what are the other users.

with above details will be able to help further.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Darn, it didn't email me that you replied! Okay, it says we don't have permissions to modify the users. So is there another user who is managing this account? I will have to ask if anyone else was involved in setting this up.

Their Shopify website is using this user id though and it has all the history.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay, it looks like the main setup is from the guy who made the website. Any way to transfer?