Analytics
2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Trying to add my website to the Search Console

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to enable Google Search Console from GA, as instructed I go to Admin > Property > Property Settings but Property Settings is greyed out and not clickable for me to proceed. Has anyone else had this issue. Any help to move forward would be appreciated. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Elizabeth C,

Are you using a Google Analytics account that you have limited rights to?

What happens when you reverse the order by going to Google Search Console and click on the gear icon in upper right hand corner and then Click Google Analytics Property? Does it allow you to link it there? 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have full access to the Google Analytics property but when I log into webmaster tools/search console it shows the website since I must have set up previously, but I can't seem to link the two. When I click on Search Console in GA it says I need to set up data sharing but it won't give the opportunity. When I click the gear icon in Search Console it says Set Search Preferences but there are no options except email options. I guess I am doing something wrong...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Dear @Elizabeth C,

you want to link your Search console to GA?

On GA click on Admin › Product Linking (under property name)

there you will see Search Console Settings click edit and choose the search console profile you want to link.

make sure you have edit access on both GA & Search Console.

Thank you. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know how it is supposed to work but it won't allow me. The link to Admin> Property Settings is greyed out and does nothing. I have set up both the GA account and webmaster tools/search console so have full access to both.