Analytics
6.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Trouble adding a new user to google analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to add a new user (my new email address) to a Google Analytics account created years ago with another email address, but I'm getting a lot of errors.

1. I log into Google Analytics with my old address which is the manager of the account.
  2. I go to the Admin tab and go to "user management" and add my new email address as a manager with full privileges.
  3. I receive an error message which says, "The specified account is being migrated. You may use this account instead:" (here it gives me what appears to be a temporary email account)
  4. I enter the temporary email address in the "Add permissions for:" field and click "Add."  I do receive an email at my new address from Google saying that I've been granted access by the old email address.  It says I need to login to Google Analytics with the new email address.
  5. When I try logging in to Google Analytics with the new email address, I still asks me to "sign up" and when I click the "sign up" button, I receive an error message which says, "Oops...You're currently logged into your organizational account at (new email address). To access your existing Google Analytics account, please use the login (temporary email address) and the same password. (link to sign in appears).
  6. When I click on the "Sign in" link at the bottom of the error message, I'm taken to a page that says "The page you requested is invalid."
  7. When I finally navigate to the sign in page again, I try logging in to Google using (temporary email address) I try using (temporary email address) as the password as the error message would seem to indicate, but its telling me that my password is not recognized.

Re: Trouble adding a new user to google analytics

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
never seen this one - have you contacted adwords support?
they are great for sorting GA access
even if you dont spend you can just setup and contact them

full details here;
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/How-to-gain-access-to-your-...