Analytics
2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Transferring ownership of my entire google account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Thanks in advance for anyone who is able to help me out on this one.

Our companies google account was setup by an employee who is no longer with the company and no matter how much I try I can't get her off as the account owner. I have added a secondary email address in almost every account location in the account settings but her email address is unable to be removed or transferred. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get her removed off this account?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Transferring ownership of my entire google account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
If you have Manage Users access to the ACCOUNT level in Google Analytics (in he User management section), you should be able to 'delete' another user's email from the list. Check the Property and View levels as well, just in case they were granted access specifically at those levels as well.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Transferring ownership of my entire google account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Meghan,

You can follow the below steps;

Go to "Analytics Settings" on the left side right below the logo.
Then click on "User Manager" in the middle column.
Click on "Add user" on the right top site of the table.
Type in the e-mail address (note that this must be a Google account).
Select "Account Administrator" as "Access Type".
Add the sites which should be transferred below. The click save.
The new user can now login and use Analytics (and delete your account from this websites to fully transfer it).

Thanks
Mohamed ElMoghazy