Analytics
2.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Transferring Analytics ID to new Gmail Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, so my website and google analytics account was previously setup by a web developer that I'm no longer using. Now I would like to setup a new google analytics gmail account, but still using my current existing ID that is embedded in my Shopify store at the moment. I do not see any articles explaining how to do this, I have created a new gmail account and have tried to setup a new google analytics account but this then generates a new analytics ID and I'm uncertain how to just continue using my original ID in order to keep my existing google tracking which I'm already ranking with. The reason is that I upload up to 50 new products a day and I find that it at times take google a week or 2 to list my new URL's so would like to create a site map and feed new links manually to speed up the process.

Thanks, I really hope this is possible!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Music E
July

Transferring Analytics ID to new Gmail Account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

It is possible to move a property to another account, please check the article below:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6370521?hl=en

Hope it helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital