Analytics
5.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Transferring Analytics Data from Suspended Apps Business Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have some Analytics data that was created under the login of a developer that has since left the company. We suspended his account, but have no way of transferring ownership of that data now. Is there any way to temporarily activate the account and do this without having to pay for another license?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Transferring Analytics Data from Suspended Apps Business Account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Alex,

Google Analytics accounts and personal Google accounts (i.e. email/password that accesses Google products like Google Analytics) are separate entities. If your ex-developer used to access Google Analytics with an email address of your company – do you have access to that email account or redirect? If so, you could apply for a new Google password at [1], log into Google Analytics and invite a new account admin.

Christoph

[1] https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply Cristoph!

It's telling me "Account Recovery is not available for your account". His mail is forwarded to me but it's a paid Apps account that has been suspended, which is probably why it's not working. I was wondering if there was a way around activating another Apps license just to gain access to the analytics. I know his account password, and Analytics tells me the same thing, that the account is suspended.

Thanks,

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Alex,

If your company is current Google AdWords user you may try to call AdWords hotline [1] in your case.

Christoph

[1] https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1385067?hl=en