Analytics
4.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Transferring Analytics Data and Consolidating Google Accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 2 google mail accounts and accidentally opened google analytics on my company's websites under my personal email address. Can I transfer them to my business account email?

Thanks.  Sheri

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Transferring Analytics Data and Consolidating Google Accounts

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sheri :-)

If you add the business email address at the analytics ACCOUNT level (not Property or View level) and assign all available permissions to it, then you should be able to access and use it via the business email login instead

Thanks
Bronwyn
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can Sheri then revoke access from the original email that she created the Analytics account with? I am trying to do something similar but need to transfer accounts over to a new email and then remove access of the original email address.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

That should be fine as long as Sheri is clear on having added it at the analytics ACCOUNT level and has assigned all permissions.
If you add it at a lower level such as Property or View instead then its going to be an issue

Make sure to log in with the added email address and check that all the permissions and access etc is all ok and working fine before removing the original email address from having access

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here