Analytics
4.6K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Transfer property to another account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am hoping someone can help me. I would like to transfer an existing property to another account. Is this possible?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Transfer property to another account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Natalie,

Unfortunately it is not possible to transfer an existing property to another account.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is there a work around? or will I lose all my data?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Unfortunately currently there is no workaround. For more details please check out this document:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1102152

You cannot migrate historical data from one account to another. Thus, if you set up an account for a property and then later want to move tracking to a separate account, you cannot currently migrate the data from the old account to the new account. 

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Are there plans for allowing a Property to be transferred to a different Account in the future?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Other than exporting a lot of reports, is there any way to make a local backup of my Google Analytics Data? I suppose downloading the Sessions would be the best approach?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Good news! It is now possible to move a property to another account. You can read more about this new feature here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6370521?hl=en You need edit rights on both accounts though.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I recently when to add Analytics to the website of a non profit I work with, and realized the tagging was already there. I have the tag id, but don't know which account it is associated with. Is there a way to find the Google Account that has access to the data for a specific tag? Then we could transfer it to the non profit's Google account?