AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Transfer property to another account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am hoping someone can help me. I would like to transfer an existing property to another account. Is this possible?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Transfer property to another account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Natalie,

Unfortunately it is not possible to transfer an existing property to another account.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is there a work around? or will I lose all my data?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Unfortunately currently there is no workaround. For more details please check out this document:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1102152

You cannot migrate historical data from one account to another. Thus, if you set up an account for a property and then later want to move tracking to a separate account, you cannot currently migrate the data from the old account to the new account. 

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Are there plans for allowing a Property to be transferred to a different Account in the future?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Other than exporting a lot of reports, is there any way to make a local backup of my Google Analytics Data? I suppose downloading the Sessions would be the best approach?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Good news! It is now possible to move a property to another account. You can read more about this new feature here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6370521?hl=en You need edit rights on both accounts though.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I recently when to add Analytics to the website of a non profit I work with, and realized the tagging was already there. I have the tag id, but don't know which account it is associated with. Is there a way to find the Google Account that has access to the data for a specific tag? Then we could transfer it to the non profit's Google account?