Analytics
1.6K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking ID input for multiple properties

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm struggling with the concept of several properties and only one tracking ID number (with each property's ID specified by -1,-2, etc.). The main google analytics account for my client is up and running, because my JIVE referral inputted the tracking ID to the homepage of my website (not any of the sub-links within the site). I'm successfully tracking the homepage, now, and can see data in real time via my google analytics account.

Now, I'm trying to track several different sub-pages (all linked within the homepage of my website) so I have received the unique tracking IDs for each of those properties as I've gotten them through google analytics. So the properties and their tracking IDs are in my grasp, but now I'm not sure how to begin actually tracking them.

So here are my main questions:

1. Where do I input the tracking IDs for the sub-pages? 

2. Is it even possible to have several different tracking IDs inputted into the JIVE community base, if I've already inputted the main ID of the homepage into JIVE? 

3. Do I need a JIVE account in order to input these IDs?

Thanks for all your help.

Tracking ID input for multiple properties

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

I think you should get in touch with the developer of the site.

One property id is enough for the entire site (homepage + all sub pages).

Make sure tracking code is added in a way so that it gets added to all pages. You can try adding it in footer section of the page through Jive/HTML source code.