Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Code Mismatch

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have received the following message on my analytics page...can anyone assist as I am not a technical person and this is my first site.

The default URL http://thissweethappylife.com, for property UA-79842729-1 has no tracking code for this property, although it does have tracking codes for other properties:

• UA-78580954-1

If your Tracking ID and your Default URL setting are out of sync, you don't get valid data in your Analytics account for the Default URL.

Either update the tracking code to use the Tracking ID for property This Sweet Happy Life, or open the Property Settings to update the Default URL for property This Sweet Happy Life to behttp://thissweethappylife.com.

Re: Tracking Code Mismatch

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jessica,

Its a bit difficult to understand your question. will you be more specific and add a screenshot? the id UA-78580954-1 is associated with your website " the sweet happy life".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply. It seems my analytics page is trying to use UA-79842729-1 which isn't giving the proper data as I understand it. Where can I switch it to make sure it is using the number UA-78580954-1 instead? It seems like the fields are set and I can't change the number?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry tried to add a screenshot but having issues…under property settings, the number shown is UA-79842729-1. But shouldn't it be the other number? How does this get changed?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Jessica -- Did the URL of your website change recently? Also, check under property settings to ensure the domain name listed there matches whatever the 'true' domain is (if this was changed).

Tracking Code Mismatch

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jessica,

Were you able to resolve this satisfactorily? I am having the same issue with our school website and cannot figure out how to update the UA code. While it is possible that our third-party web host or our former marketing director setup Analytics previously, I want to set up my own Analytics as I do not have further information.

Tracking Code Mismatch

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Linda,

you will have to check with google tag assistant and find out which tracking code is setup on your site. Once you find the tracking code go to your analytics account and find the property matching the tracking id. To find the tracking id in your analytics account navigate to admin >> property >> tracking info >> tracking code.

hope this help

kind regards

Noman Karim