Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Code Mismatch

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have recently taken on a new client and noticed that their Google Analytics tracking didn't appear to be set up correctly - it was reporting some very odd results - and there's a warning about a Tracking Code Mismatch.

I corrected the code yesterday and looking at the page source that new code appears to be in place now.

However I noticed that there were no visitors recorded yesterday.

I also noticed that as I am not the account holder I can't click the 'Check Again' option in the Analytics Notifications - can I just double check that's the case before I ask my client to do this?

Perhaps I need to be more patient and wait for traffic from today - but my worry is that the real time analytics don't show any traffic either so I fear the issue still remains.

Any guidance would be gratefully appreciated.

The website in question is http://www.pelorusconsulting.com/ - I changed the tracking code from from UA-78163287-1 to UA-73642801-1 yesterday using the plugin installed on this WordPress site

Please let me know if you need anything else

Many thanks for your time.

Nathan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking Code Mismatch

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nathan,

The tracking code on your site is installed properly and it is sending data to the UA-73642801-1 property.
If this is a new property it can take up to 24 h for the data to start appearing. Make sure that you're looking at your unfiltered view, it can happen that a filter you set up blocks all the incoming data. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital