Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Code Mismatch

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have recently taken on a new client and noticed that their Google Analytics tracking didn't appear to be set up correctly - it was reporting some very odd results - and there's a warning about a Tracking Code Mismatch.

I corrected the code yesterday and looking at the page source that new code appears to be in place now.

However I noticed that there were no visitors recorded yesterday.

I also noticed that as I am not the account holder I can't click the 'Check Again' option in the Analytics Notifications - can I just double check that's the case before I ask my client to do this?

Perhaps I need to be more patient and wait for traffic from today - but my worry is that the real time analytics don't show any traffic either so I fear the issue still remains.

Any guidance would be gratefully appreciated.

The website in question is http://www.pelorusconsulting.com/ - I changed the tracking code from from UA-78163287-1 to UA-73642801-1 yesterday using the plugin installed on this WordPress site

Please let me know if you need anything else

Many thanks for your time.

Nathan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking Code Mismatch

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nathan,

The tracking code on your site is installed properly and it is sending data to the UA-73642801-1 property.
If this is a new property it can take up to 24 h for the data to start appearing. Make sure that you're looking at your unfiltered view, it can happen that a filter you set up blocks all the incoming data. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital