Analytics
6.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Too many accounts set up by too many agencies for one single site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A previous agency set up one of our client's GA account using their (the agency's credentials). They still have admin rights of course but the client doesn't have full admin rights and neither do we. 

Then the creative agency set up a Search Console account but with their own set of credentials. So now the two are not linked. 

To consolidate the two and for the client and ourselves to gain full control of the data, we were advised to set up a new account with the client's own unique logins. Since the site was still fairly new we thought it would be the best thing to do as there was not a lot of data we'd lose. Initially the new account seemed to pull in data but not anymore. 

By trying to simplify things I fear we may have over complicated them. What is the best solution?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Too many accounts set up by too many agencies for one single site

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Does the client still have contact with the previous agency?
Are they willing to give the client Admin access to the existing GA Account?

Sometimes the quicker and easier option is to create a new GA Account with a new Property and View.
When you say you tried setting up a new account with clients own unique logins.. did it also involve editing the existing tracking code on the client's website to configure it for multiple trackers.. or was the existing tracking code removed and replaced with the newly created one?

If you setup a new account, it wont have any relationship to the existing account as far as data goes. Each Property within an account has its own unique tracking ID. this tracking id is in the tracking code on the website and is what ties the tracking to the its own reports.

Setup and linking of Search Console can be done easily enough once a new GA account and Property is created

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here