Analytics
3.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Third party has my Analytics log in details

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

We're an SME based in the UK. We have a website that has been running for about 6 years. I've just been employed by the company to start optimising their website. Until now the company has had very little to do with the website and any Google Analytics data has been accessed by and supplied to us by a third party organisation who we currently pay for hosting our website.

We have decided for various reasons to move away from this third party organisation and their response to this has been very unprofessional. They are now ignoring requests from us to have access to our Google Analytics account so that we can access our historical data. We are about to start spending on PPC advertising and so we do need to see a business case for it - where analytics can help.

Is there a way to retrieve our analytics log in and also to shut this person out? Frankly we now don't trust them and have since heard reports of him sabotaging people websites and we are worried that he'll delete all of our analytics data.

Thank you for your help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Third party has my Analytics log in details

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Samantha, 

even if said third party created the account for your company, they own the account so transferring admin rights to you is purely based on goodwill here.

Your safest bet is to create a brand new Google Analytics account and change your tracking code to use your new tracking ID. Of course historical data will no longer be available.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan