AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

The specified account is being migrated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have an account set up and want to give my client access to read and analyse the data but when I go to add them as a user I get the message:

The specified account is being migrated. You may use this account instead  info%XXXXXXXX@gtempaccount.com

This has been like this for months. I've never seen this before so how do we fix it so we can give our client access to their analytics data?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: The specified account is being migrated.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Andrew,

do you mean access to AdWords or Analytics? There is some information on this issue here [1]

Christoph

[1] https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/190473?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have the same problem. We have a corporate google account and most of our staff email addresses work fine when I grant them access to Analytics. A couple of people still get the temp account message even though we migrated years ago. Would love to learn the fix for this.
-joan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same issue.  I'm receiving this error when trying to add a user to Google Analytics (https://analytics.google.com/analytics/)

"The specified account is being migrated. You may use this account instead: xxxxxxx@gtempaccount.com"

Adding this temporary account is NOT working, either.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am getting the same error. Have you, guys, figured out the issue?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have got the same problem too, are there any solutions please?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Has anyone found a solution to this? same issue here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same problem here! Would love a solution

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm getting the same error on my own account and I'm the admin. need it fixed asap. anyone? anyone?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am getting the same error. Did anyone find a work around?