Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Taking over a Meetup group

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Recently I took over a Meetup (meetup.com wikipedia) group. The previous owner left the fees unpaid and it dropped to the notify everyone in the group that unless it was paid within 14 days it would disappear. With the help of a current organiser (they can own 3 groups) I took over the account.

However I noticed there was a previous analytics account. I've been in contact with AdWords customer support and they've sent an email to the previous analytics account owner and we have to wait 2 days. But if they don't respond then I'll have to upload a file to a subdirectory. Unfortunately like Facebook Page owner I don't have full access to the subdirectory but I do co-own the meetup group.

What can I do? Has anyone got any suggestions if the previous owner doesn't respond? The CSR said to wait 2 days in case the previous owner responds but so I'm prepared I wonder if anyone else has come up with this situation?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Taking over a Meetup group

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Darryn b,

It sounds like you are working through the proper steps outlined in this thread.

Aside from that, there is nothing that can be done. The privacy and security of each account and the Analytics systems requires things to be this way.

Kind Regards,

James