Analytics
2.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Tag Assistant is detecting mulitple accounts but we have access to only one

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys

I have created a Google Analytics account and added to our website: adrsnowremoval.com

Then I went to Google Tag Assistant to check if the implementation was correct and Google is seeing TWO other tags for that domain. I scanned the site and there's only ONE code. Additionally, the Analytics code I setup IS NOT being fed with information.

My questions are:

1) How come TAg Assistant is seeing multiple tags?

2) Is it possible to request Google to CANCEL the other accounts tracking MY DOMAIN? 

3) Could those multiple tags be preventing my REAL account from tracking our traffic?

4) How do I contact google about it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @ADR Snow R :-)

There are two other tags currently installed onto the website via one tracking code snippet that is specifically configured for working with multiple GA trackers.
It is configured correctly.

I am also seeing some other code in the page too that is appears to be firing a 2nd pageview for one of those trackers

Apart from that, Im not seeing any other tracking codes installed. 
How did you add your tracking code to the website? 

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Bronwyn V!

Thanks for the reply. 

The tag that's firing the 2nd pageview is the one I have access to, but Google Analytics is not tracking any info, even though it seems the set up is correct. The site was developed using Sitebuilder and they have a specific place where we should add Google analytics code to, that's how it was added. Any ideas here?

Regarding the two other tags, are they Google Generated? Should I ignore them?

Thanks a million!!

Denise

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @ADR Snow R :-)
Sorry to be a pain, and to clarify info,

are you able to possibly provide a screenshot of your Google Analytics Property Settings page to include the Tracking ID?

or alternatively can you please copy/paste that info from your  Google Analytics Property Settings page?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here