Analytics
2.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Tag Assistant error when trying to see Google Analytics Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm checking to make sure that my webpage has sent the correct information to GA however I get this error when I use Tag Manager and go on the Google Analytics Report tab:

The recording contains hits sent to this property, but you (e-mail) don't have permissions in Google Analytics for its views. You won't be able to see view-specific information.

I know that I have the correct permissions in GA for this email address, and I'm using the correct email in Chrome too when using Tag Manager. This was working for me last week but suddenly getting these messages. I've also removed Tag Manager and re-added it again.

Anyone has any ideas? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same problem. It has always worked fine for me until I tried today and it says I don't have permission (having changed nothing in my account). Did you find a fix for this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm also experiencing this issue...have checked all user settings in GA and re-installed the plugin as well. No dice. Came out of nowhere.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also experiencing this error - definitely have full permissions for the properties I'm trying to view. It's annoying because I also have several unknown hit errors which I can't attribute and I don't know if it's a real issue or if Tag Assistant is throwing a bug which is affecting both permissions and tracking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah, so more on this - it does look to me like Tag Assistant is interpreting a pageview hit as an event hit for some reason and then looking for the (nonexistent) pageview hit that it's not recognising - and recording this as an error. https://goo.gl/photos/DGPW4B5NR2TmqyPw6

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem..