Analytics
5.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Structuring my GA account to compare multiple sites

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am not new to analytics, but I am new to managing the back end myself, and I am having trouble making the first big decisions around account structure. I know what I want, just not the best way to set up the account so I can get it! 

We have a platform on which we host a number of wordpress campaign ‘sites’. The sites all house our content, but will be related to different topic areas.

We want to be able to:

• Understand where our traffic has come from (and assess which traffic sources are most effective, i.e. drive the most conversions)
  • Examine how people behave on our sites (and what content they like/don’t like so we can optimise to meet their needs)
  • Know where our visitors go after us (understand why they leave us and whether we fulfilled their needs)
  • And this is the one I'm not sure how to achieve...we want to be able to draw conclusions from across the different sites (e.g. across all sites is mobile traffic higher or is PPC most effective traffic driver) but also on an individual site by site basis in a way that helps us draw conclusions (e.g. for site 1, was PPC more or less effective than it was for site 2)

Any help much appreciated!!