Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Stolen site and tracker

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A while back the code for my website was stolen I think by someone in Russia. They scraped my site and replaced all the content with new text in Russian. I sill get a lot of hits to the tracker, all from Russian visitors, because they left this in-place. I did once find the site on line but it has since disappeared and been re-hosted and i've lost track of it. How do I find out the IP address of the server that is sending data to the tracker so I can contact the host and get it shut down?

Stolen site and tracker

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

So now you are looking to trace them. You can use IntoDNS and Whoishostingthis to get their IP and server information.

Stolen site and tracker

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, I am aware of those services but the problem is I do not know the URL of the website the tracker is being used on. I was hoping there might be a way with Google Analytics to find the IP address of the server that is sending data to the tracker. How can I find this information? I'm sure Google must know it.

Re: Stolen site and tracker

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am not sure, but Google won't provide this kind of user information using google analytics. You can use Google Tag Manager to get user IP. I think the article can help you a little bit, not sure.