Analytics
4.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Started with a gMail eMail account signing up with Analytics...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Started with a gMail eMail for my Analytics account a few years ago. Since then I stopped using the gMail account and went to my own domain eMail. After that I purchased eMail hosting through SquareSpace and continued using my domain eMail through gApps.

I am attempting to move to the domain eMail and then I lose access, unable to even see the sign in screen to Analytics. Do I have to use a gMail email for Analytics? Is SquareSpace the issue with attempting to use the domain eMail address? If I delete the gMail account through My Account will I lose access to Analytics? Please let me know your expert opinions.

Thanks so much!

Scott

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Scott,

You need a Google Account (for example Gmail or GSuite) to use Google Analytics.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Taavi

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Taavi;

Thanks for the quick response. My domain eMail is through SquareSpace (gApps reseller) and I can use the web app for the gSuite if I so chose to. I just don’t. To shorten this thought train up I have GSuite and my domain runs through it. So should that be sufficient?

ScottScreenshot_1.jpg

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Scott,

Yes, that's sufficient if you can log in with your GSuite email and it's working properly. One more thing that is important - if you decide not to use GSuite/SquareSpace anymore one day, you will need to make sure that you still have access to your Google Analytics account (then you'll need your Gmail account, otherwise, you'll lose your access) - keep that in mind. If I were you, I wouldn't change anything. You can use GA with both emails right now and I guess it's not a problem for you.

Let me know if you have any further questions @Scott M.

Taavi

Re: Started with a gMail eMail account signing up with Analytics...

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Screenshot_1.jpgHere is my drama when I am logged into my scott@sbmediationllc.com eMail. It is asking for me to sign up with GA!! From my earlier image my scott@sbmediationllc.com eMail address was in the list of administrators and still is, UGH! 

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Scott,

Try contacting the official support. They can help you with that.

Hope this helps.

Taavi