AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Someone else's account is attached to mine

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A colleague from my previous job has somehow got her new email address and Analytics account attached to mine. 

When logged into Analytics, if I click my name at the top right, I can see my account and then a line below hers. I can get into her Analytics account and see all her data. If I click to view her email to view her Google profile it shows mine, as if both emails are part of the same account. 

If I view her Analytics account user management settings, my email address is not listed as a user. 

I cannot find her email address in any of my Google settings to remove her there.

She has set up a gmail.com address to access Analytics; my new company uses gmail as email client but we are not gmail.com addresses. I guess this is how Google has got confused. 

How do I fix this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Someone else's account is attached to mine

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Just don't use her account :-)
Seriously though, just log out of all accounts available and they will 'disappear'.
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan