Analytics
3.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Someone else's account is attached to mine

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A colleague from my previous job has somehow got her new email address and Analytics account attached to mine. 

When logged into Analytics, if I click my name at the top right, I can see my account and then a line below hers. I can get into her Analytics account and see all her data. If I click to view her email to view her Google profile it shows mine, as if both emails are part of the same account. 

If I view her Analytics account user management settings, my email address is not listed as a user. 

I cannot find her email address in any of my Google settings to remove her there.

She has set up a gmail.com address to access Analytics; my new company uses gmail as email client but we are not gmail.com addresses. I guess this is how Google has got confused. 

How do I fix this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Someone else's account is attached to mine

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Just don't use her account :-)
Seriously though, just log out of all accounts available and they will 'disappear'.
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan