Analytics
5.6K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Some data in this report may have been removed .....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a WordPress blog and analytics has bee installed for years. In July 2015, I enabled demographics & got the error:

Some data in this report may have been removed when a threshold was applied.

I could not figure out what that meant or how to fix it. I have never set a threshold.

I would like to be able to track my demographics and I still have this error. I'm determined to figure it out this time but have no idea what to do? Can anyone help?

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Some data in this report may have been removed .....

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Its not a threshold applied by you, its applied by google in some instances in order to protect privacy/anonymity of individuals .

Thresholds are applied to prevent anyone viewing a report from inferring the demographics or interests of individual users. When a report contains Age, Gender, or Interest Category (as a primary or secondary dimension, or as part of an applied segment), a threshold may be applied and some data may be withheld from the report. For example, if there are fewer than N instances of Gender=male in a report, then data for the male dimension may be withheld.
Reference: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2954071?hl=en

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes I saw that thank you when I searched for information. I have zero data though.And it's been activated since last July. Why do I not have any data? 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
You have no analytics data at all?
Are you able to pls provide a link to the website
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My analytics data is fine & has always worked:

http://www.confessionsofanover-workedmom.com/

However, there is no information under demographics at all even after activating it months ago. It is the demographics information that I want to have.

Under age and gender it says: There is no data for this view.

Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Thanks Ellen :-))

what is the Google Tag Manager code re Socialstars Tag Manager? Is that inserted via a plugin of some sort?

Also is your tracking id for the GA Property UA-12595874-3?
If not, what is the tracking id number?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bronwyn - Yes, that is my tracking ID for that blog. The Socialstars code is a tracking code that is inserted into my blog via Genesis Simple Hooks that track pageviews.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I'd probably remove the GTM container for GTM-5BTWZB (at least for the moment), as it is showing errors
<script> tag must not be included in a <div>
HTTP response code indicates tag failed to fire: Status 404. This could be due to an empty or unpublished container

There is also another GTM container on the page too, GTM-522FSF
with analytics tracking for property UA-46677965-8

There seems to be a number of 3rd party services that are also using analytics tracking on the website.

I would suggest renaming the ga object to ensure there are no conflicts with other analytics trackers on the page, 

and I would also manually add the code for enabling the demographic features in the code too

<script>
  (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
  (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
  m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
  })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','analytics');

analytics('create', 'UA-12595874-3', 'auto');
  analytics('require', 'displayfeatures');
  analytics('send', 'pageview');

</script>

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. I have removed the GTM-5BTWZB which was in my Genesis Simple Hooks area and easy enough to do.

Most of this is way beyond my technical knowledge.

The GTM-522FSF is for an ad network I work with so I think I cannot remove that or the ads will not work? When you say it is with a different UA, what does that mean? My pageviews are mixed with someone else's? Or that is their way to monitor my pageviews? Or serve ads to me?

Where would I add that script code for the demographics?

Thank you so much!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Ellen :-)

You just need to swap out (remove) your current tracking code snippet, and change it to the following one

instead

<script>
  (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
  (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
  m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
  })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','analytics');

analytics('create', 'UA-12595874-3', 'auto');
  analytics('require', 'displayfeatures');
  analytics('send', 'pageview');

</script>