Analytics
1.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Some data in this report may have been removed .....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a WordPress blog and analytics has bee installed for years. In July 2015, I enabled demographics & got the error:

Some data in this report may have been removed when a threshold was applied.

I could not figure out what that meant or how to fix it. I have never set a threshold.

I would like to be able to track my demographics and I still have this error. I'm determined to figure it out this time but have no idea what to do? Can anyone help?

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ellen C
January 2016

Re: Some data in this report may have been removed .....

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 16
Top Contributor

I'm not seeing any idication of a google analytics plugin on http://www.in-our-spare-time.com/
when i look at the website source code via my browser
Google Tag Assistant also confirms the same tracking code as the following 

<script type="text/javascript">
var _gaq = _gaq || [];
_gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-47682671-1']);
_gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
(function() {
var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true;
ga.src=('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
})();
</script>

If you are using a plugin on http://www.in-our-spare-time.com/, did you check if it supports the current Universal analytics.js tracking code?
(you'll need to find the plugin on wordpress.org and see what the plugin support pages say about it)
If it does support universal analytics, did you select Universal aalytics.js as the tracking code option if it requires
configuration?

If there is no plugin being used, then i suggest using the same one as the other website.
If you have installed a plugin then you may need to clear the cache in the caching plugin that is being used.
so that the changes take affect.
I'm not familiar with the caching plugin, so you will need to read the support pages for the caching plugin regarding
how to clear the cache.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Its not a threshold applied by you, its applied by google in some instances in order to protect privacy/anonymity of individuals .

Thresholds are applied to prevent anyone viewing a report from inferring the demographics or interests of individual users. When a report contains Age, Gender, or Interest Category (as a primary or secondary dimension, or as part of an applied segment), a threshold may be applied and some data may be withheld from the report. For example, if there are fewer than N instances of Gender=male in a report, then data for the male dimension may be withheld.
Reference: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2954071?hl=en

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes I saw that thank you when I searched for information. I have zero data though.And it's been activated since last July. Why do I not have any data? 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
You have no analytics data at all?
Are you able to pls provide a link to the website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My analytics data is fine & has always worked:

http://www.confessionsofanover-workedmom.com/

However, there is no information under demographics at all even after activating it months ago. It is the demographics information that I want to have.

Under age and gender it says: There is no data for this view.

Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Thanks Ellen :-))

what is the Google Tag Manager code re Socialstars Tag Manager? Is that inserted via a plugin of some sort?

Also is your tracking id for the GA Property UA-12595874-3?
If not, what is the tracking id number?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bronwyn - Yes, that is my tracking ID for that blog. The Socialstars code is a tracking code that is inserted into my blog via Genesis Simple Hooks that track pageviews.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I'd probably remove the GTM container for GTM-5BTWZB (at least for the moment), as it is showing errors
<script> tag must not be included in a <div>
HTTP response code indicates tag failed to fire: Status 404. This could be due to an empty or unpublished container

There is also another GTM container on the page too, GTM-522FSF
with analytics tracking for property UA-46677965-8

There seems to be a number of 3rd party services that are also using analytics tracking on the website.

I would suggest renaming the ga object to ensure there are no conflicts with other analytics trackers on the page, 

and I would also manually add the code for enabling the demographic features in the code too

<script>
  (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
  (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
  m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
  })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','analytics');

analytics('create', 'UA-12595874-3', 'auto');
  analytics('require', 'displayfeatures');
  analytics('send', 'pageview');

</script>

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. I have removed the GTM-5BTWZB which was in my Genesis Simple Hooks area and easy enough to do.

Most of this is way beyond my technical knowledge.

The GTM-522FSF is for an ad network I work with so I think I cannot remove that or the ads will not work? When you say it is with a different UA, what does that mean? My pageviews are mixed with someone else's? Or that is their way to monitor my pageviews? Or serve ads to me?

Where would I add that script code for the demographics?

Thank you so much!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Ellen :-)

You just need to swap out (remove) your current tracking code snippet, and change it to the following one

instead

<script>
  (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
  (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
  m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
  })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','analytics');

analytics('create', 'UA-12595874-3', 'auto');
  analytics('require', 'displayfeatures');
  analytics('send', 'pageview');

</script>