Analytics
4.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Site Owner Can't Access Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am doing some work on a Google site. I have been added as an owner on the site. I still can't access their Google analytics. Someone mention Google analytics requires using a registered domain email address. Is this true?

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Site Owner Can't Access Google Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
Is the email address that they added you with a google account login email addy?

Did you receive an email stating you have been added to their analytics with a link to access it?
(make sure you are logged into the google account with the same email address they used for adding you)
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My email is just a regular username@gmail.com account NOT a username@websitedomain.com. Does that make sense? They are telling me I need to have a domain email address to access analytics? Which will take their HR a long time and is unnecessary I believe. I am thinking they just need to add my regular gmail.com address to have analytics access. I just want to verify before I reply. Make sure I'm not incorrect.

Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
To the best of my knowledge, username@gmail.com should be fine.
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here