Analytics
2.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Since Jan 25, 2016 my four Google Analysis accounts died. What Happen?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since Jan 25th, 2016 my four Google Analysis Accounts Died. All accounts are no longer receiving info. What Happen? I did not change anything. They all just died. Can anyone help me figure out what happen? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Since Jan 25, 2016 my four Google Analysis accounts died. What Hap

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Gayeelise,

That usually means that you are no longer sending data to those accounts. (code removed, site down etc.) Use a tool like GA Tag Assistant for Chrome to help you identify what's happening on your sites.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tag-assistant-by-google/kejbdjndbnbjgmefkgdddjlbokphdefk?h...

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I tried GA Tag Assistant for chrome. The help. said that I was not connected to the internet and can not send my request for help. I was connected to the internet all that day. And everyday, for that matter. No problem with my connection to the internet. So I am so lost. … I email one of my sites. Zazzle.com. They said it was a google problem. contact google… So I am now in this useless loop.
Is there another site at google that can help me? Thank you for your time.
Best,
Gaye Elise

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Gaye,

There are other tools you could try but they are more advanced and may be confusing. That said, you could try GA debugger for Chrome.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-analytics-debugger/jnkmfdileelhofjcijamephohjechhna...

Good luck!

Best,

Theo Bennett
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
All of my sites stopped showing analytics data on Jan 25th also. I've checked and they are still connected correctly. This must be an issue outside of our sites.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So what do we do about it? Who can help us?

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
HI Gayeelise & Sean,

There is no internal discussion of this within GACP's and I have access to hundreds of accounts and don't see any similar problems.

Also the status of GA is all green for the year with no issues regarding uptime, processing etc for GA. https://www.google.com/appsstatus#hl=en&v=status

I would still suspect that the code is not properly implemented on the sites or that filters have been added to your views (not by Google) that are preventing data collection.

Try debugger and tag assistant and see if you are actually sending data to the account number to which you have access.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have checked all of my sites that are not reporting analytics data using tag manager and debugger. Both extensions say the code is implemented correctly and sending data to the correct account. Beyond that, all of the sites I am having issues with have not had any changes made to their analytics accounts or to the site anywhere near the time the issue occurred. The issue appeared out of nowhere on the exact same day for all of my sites, I have changed nothing to make this happen.

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
Hi Sean,

If you have an AdWords initiative you may get some relief from them - it's worth a shot. As I said, I have access to a lot of accounts and have not see this issue.

Anyone else out there seeing something similar? Anyone else care to chime in?

Best,

Theo Bennett
Connect on LinkedIn